Reactive & Total Silica Water Sampling Kit and Laboratory Test
4 Reviews Add Your Review
- Kit for collecting a water sample for testing reactive and total silica concentrations in water. Difference between the two is colloidal silica.
- Reactive silica can be problematic for ultrafiltration, nanofiltration and even reverse osmosis water treatment plants.
- Includes shipping from and to the laboratory.
- Collect the water sample with untreated water and ship directly to the lab.
- Professional lab test performed by a 3rd party laboratory.
- Typical turnaround time 1-2 weeks.
Silica Testing Instructions
Please read all instructions before you begin collecting your Water Sample.
Water Samples must be Non-Hazardous!
This KIT Includes
- Sample Submittal Form
- One (1) 500ml Bottle
- One (1) Ice Pack
- One (1) Return Shipping Label
- Freeze blue gel pack for a minimum of eight (8) hours before you begin collecting your sample.
- Identify the faucet from which you will collect your sample. Make sure it`s from a cold tap. The sample site will depend on what you are trying to accomplish with the testing results. For example, in order to determine what water treatment equipment is needed an untreated sample of water should be collected.
- Turn on faucet and let water run 2-4 minutes to get a representative sample.
- Adjust the water flow from the spigot to a thin stream of water to avoid any splashing and and fill the 500 ml plastic bottle to the neck.
- Cap securely and return sampling bottle to the box.
- Place frozen blue gel pack into the box with the sample bottle.
Documentation & Shipping
- Fill out the enclosed paperwork with your name and address if not already preprinted. Make sure to include the date and time you collected the sample, type of water, and sample ID. The sample ID is to help you identify where the sample was collected. Some common sample ID`s include: kitchen sink, outside tap, treated sample etc.
- Enclose paperwork with your sample. Samples without paperwork may be delayed.
- Seal box and prepare shipping sample to the lab. Sample does not require overnight shipping and can be shipped via ground shipment. Keep in mind, shipping ground adds to the turnaround time of your test results.
- Typical Turnaround time for sample is 5 business days. Some samples may take longer if they are highly contaminated or it the sample volume in the lab is significantly high.
- Results will be emailed to the email address provided in the order and on the paperwork. Expedites are available and can be done within an additional 50% up-charge. If you need your sample expedited, please contact WECO for availability.
- We reserve the right to reject any samples that appear excessively dirty. Please call for confirmation if there are any questions.
No question found!