WECO BB-10CAB Big Blue Water Filter System for Taste and Odor Treatment
- Pentek® EP-BB carbon block 5 micron filter cartridge coupled with Pentek® Big Blue 10" sump with 1" FNPT in/out for faster flow rates.
- Provides refreshing purified water at all faucets, refrigerators and beverage dispensers
- Eliminates taste and odor problems caused by chlorine and chlorine dioxide water treatment chemicals
- Safeguards you, your family and pets from harmful chlorine disinfectants, industrial leaks, hydrogen sulfide gases and particulate matter that contaminate well and municipal water supplies
- Recommended for POE residential and commercial applications
- EPDM O-ring for leak-proof operation
- Pressure-relief button for easy maintenance
- Rated for up to 100 psi and 165 °F
The WECO Big Blue solid-block activated carbon filter is designed for Point Of Entry (POE) industrial and residential filtration applications. The rugged reinforced polypropylene housing holds a 10-inch porous, activated carbon block filter cartridge. The activated carbon filter cartridge is a premium solid block of highly adsorptive carbon wrapped in a protective Endurawrap® polyolefin bilaminate pre-filter. The pre-filter extends the life of the cartridge, preventing premature clogging. The pressure relief button allows for easy air bleeding and cartridge change-outs. The cartridge removes insoluble particles down to 5 microns, protecting the carbon from clogging. The carbon cartridge’s microscopic pore structure adsorbs chlorine disinfectants, which are responsible for offensive tastes and odor problems in drinking water. Chlorine disinfection leaves cancer-causing organic byproducts, called trihalomethanes (THMs), in the water. The Big Blue activated carbon block filter removes carcinogenic THMs from tap water, protecting your family and pets. Naturally occurring organics (geosmin and 2-methylisoborneol) cause earthy odors and are removed by the WECO Big Blue filter system. The filter system also strips out pesticides, industrial chemicals, gasoline and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The WECO Big Blue carbon block filter is ideal for whole-house filtration, delivering fresh, great-tasting, chlorine-free water to every faucet and shower in the home. The filter is also recommended for restaurants, coffee shops and health clubs where customers demand healthy taste and odor-free drinking water. The WECO Big Blue carbon block Filter can be incorporated into multi-stage whole house and commercial reverse osmosis systems, water softeners and WECO specialty filtration system.
The Big Blue filter housing has 1” female NPT in and out connections that support high flow rates. The pressure relief button allows for easy air bleeding and cartridge change-outs.
Big Blue filters remove a wide variety of contaminants from residential and commercial water supplies.
Parts & Hardware Included
- A ValveinHead Filter System
- B Black O-Ring
- C Filter Cartridge
- D Filter Housing Wrench
Tools & Materials Required
- Compression Fittings/Valves (not included)
- Two Adjustable Wrenches
- Pipe Wrench
- Pipe Cutter or Hacksaw
- Pan or Bucket
- Plumber’s Tape
- Silicone Grease
We recommend a 3-way bypass installation using 3 ball valves. The picture shows the unit in "Service" position. Valves on the left and the right are open; center valve is closed. Water flows through the filter.
To bypass, close the right and left valves and open the center. Water flows around the filter.
The bypass will work without the right or the left valve, but it's best to have both because it allows isolation of the filter completely from the house plumbing if desired.
|Filter Model||Replacement Cartridge|