WECO VGRO-50Q Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System - Made in U.S.A.
- Twist Tap in-head valve system, which automatically turns the supply water off when the pre-filter bodies are disconnected from the head. No tools. No drips. No hassles.
- Eliminates taste and odor problems caused by chlorine and chlorine dioxide water treatment chemicals.
- Complete Five-stage reverse osmosis water purification system for home and office installations.
- Comes complete with a designer purified water dispensing faucet, pressurized water storage tank and installation kit.
- Sediment pre-filter removes sediment, rust particles, sand and other microscopic debris that can contaminate the water supply.
- Activated carbon cartridges eliminates chlorine, chloramine, bad tastes and odors, chemicals and carcinogenic disinfection byproducts. Scavenges any trace of taste and odor-causing compounds and gasses for great-tasting, refreshing water.
- Thin Film Composite (TFC) reverse osmosis membrane removes up to 99% of water contaminants like cadmium, lead, nitrate, fluoride and mercury.
The WECO VGRO reverse osmosis filtration system is the ideal water purification filter for home, office, health clubs, juice bars, coffee shops or anywhere safe, fresh-tasting water is needed. The WECO reverse osmosis system uses separate individual stages of water filtration to create pure, refreshing drinking water. The process starts by pre-filtering the water through a Sediment filter. Prefiltration removes tiny particles that can get into the water supply. These include iron oxide (rust), silt, sand grains and insect parts. This filtering stage protects your family from drinking sediment and prevents the filtration system from clogging. For the 2nd stage, the water flows through dual activated carbon block cartridges. These compressed activated carbon block filters remove taste and odor-causing chemicals like chlorine, chloramine and rotten-egg (hydrogen sulfide) and musty odors. The chlorine disinfection process is known to create cancer-causing byproducts in the water. These carcinogens, called THMs, are removed by the activated carbon block filter. The carbon cartridge also removes organic contaminants like herbicides, insecticides and industrial chemicals that seep into groundwater. But that’s not all. The next filtration stage involves the reverse osmosis (RO) process. Tap water is “squeezed” through a special Thin Film Composite (TFC) semi-permeable membrane. Heavy metals, like lead, cadmium and mercury, are removed while purified water passes through. The RO process also removes salts, nitrate, fluoride, radon and benzene. The WECO encapsulated reverse osmosis membrane is NSF-certified and features outstanding efficiency. Other reverse osmosis filters can waste up to 10 gallons of water for every gallon of pure water made. The GRO high-efficiency RO membrane produces only one gallon of waste water for each gallon of purified water. This saves you money, reduces waste water, conserves resources and helps the environment. The encapsulated membrane housing makes it easy to replace the membrane when the need arises. No more complicated disassembly of the membrane housing with wrenches, no more leaks and no tools are necessary. For the final stage of purification the water flows through a granular activated carbon (GAC) in-line post filter. This acts as a polishing filter, removing any traces of tastes, odors or gasses, for crystal clear, sparkling drinking water.