Hydronix SDC-25-0505 2.5 in. x 4-7/8 in. 5 Micron NSF Sediment Filter
- Sediment filter for a water filtration system.
- 2.5 in. O.D. and an overall length of 4-7/8 in.
- Compatible with WECO TINY and MINI reverse osmosis drinking water filter systems.
- Polypropylene for resistance to most chemicals, dimensional stability, and sterilizable
- Particle retention size of 5 micron.
- Meets ANSI/NSF standard 42 certification for material requirements only.
This HYDRONIX SDC-25-0505 polypropylene sediment filter has a particle retention size of 1 micron and is used in a water filtration system. This coreless filter has an outside diameter of 2.5 in. and overall length of 4-7/8 in. It is made of polypropylene which can be sterilized, has dimensional stability, and is resistance to most chemicals. It is certified by the American National Standards Institute and National Sanitation Foundation (ANSI/NSF) Standard 42 for quality assurance, and is FDA approved, for the material requirements only. This sediment filter is suitable for use in filtration systems such as ice machines, film processing, beverage, coffee, analytical, wineries, and many others. Water filters remove undesirable particles, chemicals, and microorganisms from water by means of a semipermeable barrier, adsorption, or biological processes. They are made of densely packed synthetic or natural fibers that trap suspended particles, materials that block microbes or adsorb unwanted chemicals, or substances that cause a chemical change, such as acid neutralization. For most residential, commercial, and industrial applications, water filters are manufactured in the form of replaceable cartridges that fit inside permanent housings. Filtration systems typically consist of a series of 2 or more types of filters, each designed to remove different contaminants.