WECO KL-1354-OZONE Backwashing Filter with Katalox Light® & Ozone for Iron, Manganese & Hydrogen Sulfide Reduction
- Heavy-duty home filtration system for Iron, Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide treatment. Can treat low levels of Iron or Sulfur bacteria with the enhanced ozone feature.
- Capable of reducing Arsenic, Radium, Heavy Metals, & Radionuclide levels in water.
- Capable of filtering Suspended Solids, Sediments, Turbidity, Organics, Color & Odor.
- Kynar check valve should be replaced and the corona discharge cell cleaned annually.
- 10 GPM service flow suitable for most residential applications. 10 GPM or higher backwash flow rate required. Please make sure enough backwash flow is available before ordering. Contact us if you need help.
WECO Whole House Filter with Katalox Light® & Ozone for Iron, Manganese & Hydrogen Sulfide Reduction
The WECO Backwashing filter with Katalox Light® is a specialized Point-Of-Entry (POE) system for municipal and well water supplies. Made in Germany, Katalox Light consists of manganese dioxide (MnO2) coated onto naturally mined ZEOSORB. This is a light-weight filtration media with many valuable functions and properties related to water treatment and remediation. Katalox Light media has a very high surface area which filters out particulate matter down to three microns. This is an ideal media to use for removing Totals Suspended Solids (TSS), turbidity and sediments like sand and oxidized mineral particles. Katalox Light also has oxidation properties. Iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide are easily removed with this media. The active surface coating oxidizes and precipitates soluble iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide, which are flushed away in the back wash operation. The media also removes lead, copper, radium, uranium as well as other heavy metals and radionuclides. Added AIO/Ozone feature will mitigate potential iron bacterial fouling of the media. Automated daily regeneration for optimum performance.
WECO backwashing filters are available in a variety of sizes. Please consult with WECO Technical Support for assistance in selecting the proper size filter to meet your water purification requirements.
- Automated control of EOG module by the filter control valve.
- Onboard diagnostic LED light to convey real-time performance status of the unit.
- A pH raise can occur for several months after installation.
- Higher backwash rates required. Check table below. Run multiple units plumbed in parallel if you cannot meet backwash flow rate.
- All units made to order. Customized for 'Ship To' address state temperature. Programmed before shipment.
External Bypass Valve Included
Bypass let's more control of the equipment as well as the water supply into your house offering service, bypass, diagnostic and shutoff modes.
High flow backwashing performed every night to prevent void areas in the medium become filled with particles removed from the water, resulting in pressure drop from the outlet. Backwash water is flushed through the drain.
Stainless Flex Connectors
Full flow flexible stainless steel connectors included for reducing installation costs and upkeep expenses.
Eliminates the need for unions and allows tank expansion which may prevent costly leaks.
Inline Check Valve
Replaceable inline check valve part# 316-CV-OZ (every 12 months).
Corona Discharge cell cleaning kit part# OZCLEAN-KIT
|Models||Katalox Light® Media Capacity (cu.ft)||Mineral Tank Dimensions (in)||Total Height (in)||Connector Size (in)||Service Flow (GPM)||Peak Flow (GPM)||Backwash Flow (GPM)|
|KL-0948-OZONE||1||9 x 48||58||1 MNPT||3||4||4|
|KL-1054-OZONE||1.5||10 x 54||64||1 MNPT||6||14||6.5|
|KL-1252-OZONE||2||12 x 52||62||1 MNPT||8||15||8|
|KL-1354-OZONE||2.5||13 x 54||64||1 MNPT||10||16||10|
|KL-1465-OZONE||2.5||14 x 65||75||1 MNPT||11||17||13|
|KL-1653-OZONE||2.5||16 x 53||63||1.25 MNPT||12||18||15|