WECO HYDRA-SET7-75UVALK Filter Set
- 5-micron Hydronix SDC-25-1005 polypropylene pre-filter removes sediment, rust and other microscopic debris
- 5-micron Hydronix CB-25-1005 solid activated carbon block cartridge and 0.5 micron Hydronix SMCB-2510 carbon block filter remove chlorine, chloramine, bad tastes and odors, pesticides and carcinogenic impurities
- Hydron TFC reverse osmosis membrane removes up to 99% of water contaminants like lead, nitrate, fluoride and mercury, even in high TDS water
- Hydronix ICF-10Q granular activated in-line post-filter polishes the water to crystal clear perfection
- Polaris Scientific GL10PP replacement UV bulb
- Hydronix ICF-2512-ALK Alkaline/Oxidation reduction potential filter
The WECO Hydra reverse osmosis filtration system is the ideal water purification filter for home, office, health clubs, juice bars, coffee shops or anywhere safe, fresh-tasting water is needed. The WECO reverse osmosis system uses separate individual stages of water filtration to create pure, refreshing drinking water. The process starts by pre-filtering the water through a 5 micron sediment filter. Prefiltration removes tiny particles that can get into the water supply. These include iron oxide (rust), silt, sand grains and insect parts. This filtering stage protects your family from drinking sediment and prevents the filtration system from clogging. The sediment pre-filter is contained in a clear, see-through filter housing, making it easy for you to see when the filter needs to be replaced. No need to guess! At the 2nd stage, a 5 micron activated carbon block filter cartridge filters chlorine taste and odor. Next, water flows through a 0.5-micron activated carbon block cartridge. This compressed activated carbon block filter removes taste and odor-causing chemicals like chlorine, chloramine and rotten-egg (hydrogen sulfide) and musty odors. The chlorine disinfection process is known to create cancer-causing byproducts in the water. These carcinogens, called THMs, are removed by the activated carbon block filter. The carbon cartridge also removes organic contaminants like herbicides, insecticides and industrial chemicals that seep into groundwater. But that’s not all. The next filtration stage involves the reverse osmosis (RO) process. Tap water is “squeezed” through a special Thin Film Composite (TFC) semi-permeable membrane. Heavy metals, like lead, cadmium and mercury, are removed while purified water passes through. The RO process also removes salts, nitrate, fluoride, radon and benzene. The reverse osmosis membrane is NSF-certified and features outstanding efficiency. Other reverse osmosis filters can waste up to 10 gallons of water for every gallon of pure water made. The WECO high-performance RO membrane produces only four gallon of waste water for each gallon of purified water. This saves you money, reduces waste water, conserves resources and helps the environment. For the final stage of purification the water flows through granular activated carbon (GAC) in-line post filter. This acts as a polishing filter, removing any traces of tastes, odors or gasses, for crystal clear, sparkling drinking water.