WECO 2MC-1465 High Efficiency Twin Alternating Water Softener for Water Hardness Reduction
- Twin alternating softener system provide uninterrupted flow of soft water 24/7, round-the-clock softened water, easily accommodating erratic flow demands.
- Suitable for large residential and small commercial applications.
- Regenerates and rinses with softened water, eliminating any hardness carryover. This feature is a huge plus over traditional single tank softeners and therefor improves the efficiency of the regeneration process, allowing for less salt to be used.
- Premium grade 10% cross-linked resin used.
- Solid state microprocessor with easy access front panel settings.
- Use the weco softener calculator if you are unsure of what size softener you need.
WECO 2MC Series Twin Alternating Water Softener SystemsThe WECO 2MC series twin alternating water softener is a water treatment system for municipal and well water supplies. The softener uses a high-efficiency 10% cross-linked certified resin with a high resistance to oxidation, osmotic and thermal shock.
What is 'Hard Water'?
Hard water is the result of excess calcium and magnesium minerals in the water supply. The calcium and magnesium (hardness minerals) dissolved in the water can cause a variety of problems ranging from aesthetic issues to serious plumbing damage. Hard water causes unsightly spotting on glassware, plates, silverware and cooking surfaces. High water temperature causes hardness minerals to collect on the bottom of the water heater tank. Eventually the water heater will make less hot water because it is partially filled with mineral particles instead of water. This also reduces the efficiency of the heating element, costing more energy dollars every day. Hard water also damages the heating elements in coffee and tea makers. The solid mineral deposits will clog filter screens in dishwashers, refrigerators, ice makers and commercial beverage dispensing equipment. Hard water also reduces the effectiveness of dishwashing detergents, making dishes harder to clean by hand and in the dishwasher.
How do softeners treat 'Hard Water'?
Hard water is softened by removing the calcium and magnesium it contains. When hard water passes through the softening system's resin bed, the calcium and magnesium (hardness) ions are removed through an ion exchange process, so only softened water passes through to your home or business. Once the resin bed fills up with hardness ions, it must be regenerated to remove the calcium and magnesium (hardness minerals) on the resin. Salt is typically used in the regeneration process and restores the resin to an active state so the ion exchange process can begin again. Sodium chloride or potassium chloride softener salts can be used to recharge 2MC line of twin water softeners.
WECO water softeners can be used with chlorinated municipal water without fear of premature resin break-down. The main application of this filter system is water softening (reduction of hardness causing calcium and magnesium minerals in water) for well and municipal water supplies. The WECO system is compatible with residential, industrial, institutional and medical water supplies.
High Efficiency Twin Softener System
- 1" MNPT Inlet/Outlet
- 3/4" MNPT Drain
- Min. working pressure 26 psi (1.8 bar)
- Max. water temperature 113°F (45°C)
Materials of Construction
- Non-toxic materials, suitable for drinking water.
- Head: reinforced polypropylene.
- Bowl: PET.
- O-ring: EPDM.
- 110 V AC
Is this the proper size you need?