WECO Undersink Water Filter System for Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction
- Pentek C2 carbon-impregnated cellulose filter cartridge protects residential municipal water supplies from sediment contamination at point of use and reduces chlorine taste and odor.
- The cartridge removes sand, grit, precipitated mineral particles, insoluble iron oxide and other debris down to 5 microns.
- EZ RO Adapter makes it easy to add a filtration outlet to any supply stop. Works with both 1/2" and 3/8" fittings.
- Clear Housing allows you to see the level of sediment buildup as the water flows radially though the cartridge.
- No waste water unlike reverse osmosis systems.
- Brushed Nickel designer drinking water faucet included.
The WECO UC5MCAB filter is designed for Point Of Use (POU) residential filtration applications. The rugged reinforced polypropylene housing holds a 5-inch porous, activated carbon block filter cartridge. The activated carbon filter cartridge is a carbon-impregnated cellulose filter. The pre-filter extends the life of the cartridge, preventing premature clogging. The pressure relief button allows for easy air bleeding and cartridge change-outs. The cartridge removes insoluble particles down to 5 microns, protecting the carbon from clogging. The carbon cartridge’s microscopic pore structure adsorbs chlorine disinfectants, which are responsible for offensive tastes and odor problems in drinking water. Chlorine disinfection leaves cancer-causing organic byproducts, called trihalomethanes (THMs), in the water. The UC5MCAB activated carbon block filter removes carcinogenic THMs from tap water, protecting your family and pets. Naturally occurring organics (geosmin and 2-methylisoborneol) cause earthy odors and are removed by the WECO filter system. The filter system also strips out pesticides, industrial chemicals, gasoline and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The WECO UC5MCAB carbon block filter is ideal for residential municipal drinking water filtration, delivering fresh, great-tasting, chlorine-free water. The filter is also recommended for restaurants, coffee shops and health clubs where customers demand healthy taste and odor-free drinking water.